Ministry of Health Press Release July 7th
The Ministry of Health can report that two positive COVID-19 results were detected during arrival testing of passengers from yesterday’s Delta flight.
The Minister of Health the Hon. Kim Wilson JP MP said, “Although this is disappointing news, it is a testament to our stringent testing regime that we were able to identify these individuals early and move to quarantine all passengers with public health monitoring. Strict quarantine is essential in this case as the risk of exposure has been identified. Our main priority is ensuring that cases of COVID-19 are isolated from the community and that it does not spread to our domestic population.”
- There were 47 passengers on this flight
- All of whom had Travel Authorizations and 29 had pre-departure tests
- Out of the 29 individuals who took a pre-departure test, 19 were visitors and 10 were residents
- All but 3 passengers (44) were tested for COVID-19 upon arrival
- Two passengers did not require testing as they were under the age of 10 and the other was a minor who will quarantine instead of testing.”
Both of the individuals who tested positive are residents of Bermuda. Residents are not required to undergo a pre-departure test however one of the travelers had a pre-departure test which was negative for COVID-19.