COVID-19 Update 19 October
As of Saturday 17 October, Bermuda has had 185 total confirmed positive cases with status as follows:
- 4 active cases, who are
- all under public health monitoring, and
- none are hospitalized or in critical care;
- a total of 172 have recovered, and
- the total deceased remains 9.
The average age of all of our confirmed positive cases is 56 and the age range of all of our positive cases is from 9 to 101 years.
Overall, 50% of cases were Black, 42% White and 8% other/unknown.
The average age of all deceased cases is 74 and the age range is 57 to 91 years.
The source of all local cases is as follows:
- 74 are Imported
- 90 are Local transmission, with known contact
- 21 are Local transmission with an unknown contact, and
- none are under investigation
Bermuda’s country status is “Sporadic Cases”. The seven-day average of our real time reproduction number is less than 1.
Due to an increase in the numbers of air arrivals (passengers) into Bermuda and subsequent surge in testing numbers, test results were slightly delayed this weekend. However, we are now caught up and all those who tested on Friday and Saturday should now have their results. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.