Between Sunday and today there were 1,393 test results received by the Ministry of Health, and three were positive for COVID-19.
Two cases were imported by visitors. One on the Delta flight from Boston on 25th August who was detected on their Day-4 test; and the second on a private flight from the USA that arrived on 30th August. The third positive case is a resident who was a contact of a known case. All cases have been isolated and contact tracing has begun.
Bermuda has had 172 total confirmed positive cases. Their status is as follows:
- 155 have recovered, and
- there are 8 active cases, who are
- all under active public health monitoring;
- none is hospitalized or in critical care, and
- the total deceased remains 9.
The average age of all of our confirmed positive cases is 57 and the age range of all of our positive cases is from 18 to 101 years.
The source of all local cases is as follows:
- 64 are Imported
- 87 are Local transmission, with known contact
- 19 are Local transmission with an unknown contact, and
- 2 are under investigation
Bermuda’s country status is “Sporadic Cases”. The seven-day average of our real time reproduction number is less than 1.“