COVID-19 Update – 19 August
Recent travellers are reminded that you must remain in quarantine until you receive your individual results by email. There has been a small number of persons who have broken quarantine because they hear on the news that there were no positive results the day prior. In fact, travellers must remain in quarantine until they receive their emailed result of the negative test that releases them from quarantine.
Bermuda has had 166 total confirmed positive cases. Their status is as follows:
- 147 have recovered, and
- there are 10 active cases, who are
- all under active public health monitoring;
- none is hospitalized or in critical care, and
- the total deceased remains 9.
The average age of all of our confirmed positive cases is 58 and the age range of all of our positive cases is from 18 to 101 years.
The source of all local cases is as follows:
- 61 are Imported
- 85 are Local transmission, with known contact
- 19 are Local transmission with an unknown contact, and
- 1 is under investigation
Bermuda’s country status is “Sporadic Cases”. The seven-day average of our real time reproduction number is less than 1.