Become a Driver
- Volunteers must possess a valid driver’s license
- Volunteers must have CPR/AED/First-Aid certification or be willing to get certified
- Must enjoy helping people
- To drive a patient to and from their appointment or preferred destination; for short appointments the volunteer waits and then drives the patient home; for longer appointments volunteers may wish to leave and return when the patient is finished; and some volunteers will only drop off or pick-up.
- We work with the volunteer’s schedule and accept whatever time they can give. It might be one or two drives a week or less frequently if preferred.
- Occasionally a patient may need additional assistance to get into and out of the car along with any light equipment. Some patients may ask to taken to the pharmacy or grocery store. The option is open to the driver.